Solutions discovered on Ask Reddit
1. “I did. I dated my first girlfriend after we had been about 17-19. Then she broke up with me however we had stated such a factor earlier than whereas we had been nonetheless courting. We each had just a few boy/girlfriends through the years, however about 15 years later we met once more and basically stated “I actually didn’t discover anybody with whom I felt like I did with you”. Nevertheless it wasn’t with resignation, extra of an epiphany. So we began courting once more, and married quickly after. And couldn’t be happier.”
2. “Had one for 30 and transferring in collectively. She was 7 years my senior and round that point we had been each in a transient a part of our lives, so I requested. She stated no and moved throughout the nation.”
three. “We didn’t do that precisely, however after we had been 19 we joked that we must always get married if we’re each 35 and single. Two years later, I got here dwelling for every week from faculty, we frolicked in our regular good friend group, and she or he and I attached for the primary time. We ended up beginning a relationship, bought married after we had been 27, and are nonetheless collectively at 30. Not a results of the “pact” clearly, however humorous that we ended up married in any case.”
four. “I had considered one of these with my greatest feminine good friend from highschool, however it was 30 not 40. In the meantime I’ve gotten married twice earlier than 30 and she or he would’ve been my greatest (wo)man at each weddings however she was in OCS the primary time deployed the second time… doesn’t appear meant to be, does it?
All that stated, if one thing bizarre occurred and I used to be single and she or he remembered the pact I’d completely maintain up my facet.”
5. “I feel, if reminiscence serves, my spouse and I had a type of. However, we ended up collectively and married in our early 20s.”
6. “Had one to get married at 30. I bought married earlier than that and I don’t assume my good friend took it nicely. We had type of a strained relationship after and now we don’t actually speak a lot. (Was greatest buddies)”
7. “We ended up getting married at 30 as a substitute. Because it seems we liked one another and made each excuse to disregard it.”
eight. “‘Bizarre’ couple my spouse knew had such a pact and adopted by.
Woman was a extremely introverted, quiet, homely sort. Sweetest lady. However she by no means had a boyfriend so far as I knew. And we noticed her on and off for six or seven years.
Then abruptly out of nowhere she invited us to her wedding ceremony.
In any case, it was to a man we had met a few instances who was considered one of her buddies who appeared very very like her. My spouse teased her that “extra should have been happening all that point.” however she was straight up about it, and stated no, they simply determined it was time.
Dialog was one thing like, “yeah, you understand how folks have pacts to get married if neither of them are until they hit ___, nicely, we simply determined it actually wasn’t going to occur for both of us, and to chop that brief.”
Mainly we had been similar to, “cool?” after which left it at that.
In any case, she married him, they seemed completely happy. The speeches had been a bit odd, they didn’t actually speak about love however so much about how they had been marrying their greatest good friend.
They’re nonetheless collectively, it’s gotta be at the very least 5 years, they usually have just a little child. Final we noticed them they seemed completely happy and that’s all that issues actually.”
9. “I’ve/had a type of with my bff. She turns 40 in a pair months and she or he is unquestionably single. We havent spoken about it in over a decade. We’re tremendous near at the present time, however I dont need to convey it up when she turns 40. Ive tried quite a lot of instances to make the connection occur and at this level I’m simply gonna settle for that it isnt meant to be until she brings it up. I really like her, and I do know she loves me too. I assume we’ll see if she remembers and needs to comply with by, however Im not holding my breath.
(Narrator: he was holding his breath)”
10. “I do know a pair at my church who had been buddies first, like greatest buddies and once they bought of their 30s they nonetheless weren’t engaged or married to anybody in order that they determined to get married. They’re nonetheless collectively and really a lot in love.”
11. “It wasn’t for marriage, however in highschool, I had a cope with my spouse that if she was single on the time she’d go to promenade with me. We ended up courting just a few months after that, and have been collectively for twelve years now.”
12. “Mates since we had been 14 in highschool. Made a pact in our early 20s about if we had been 30, childless, sad, and so on.
Acquired married at 30. 7 years later it’s nonetheless the perfect relationship we’ve ever had and going sturdy.”
13. “I had a number of pacts like this through the years. Inside a yr, they had been all in severe relationships. I used to be just like the Marriage ceremony Cut price Matchmaker.
All good although, been with an incredible lady for nearly 4 years now, and we had been good buddies for seven years earlier than that.”
14. “I did that. I met her in highschool, we grew aside through the years, we reconnected and stated “let’s get married if we’re each single after we’re 40” then we stated fuck it, let’s go to Vegas and get married by Elvis. Our first kiss was Thanksgiving Day and we had been married on Dec 17th. We’re nonetheless going sturdy after seven years! Longest relationship I’ve been been in, greatest choice of my life!”
15. “I had this one good friend I’d hook up with on an off for years and we had this pact if she hit 30 we might marry, I’d be 35. I all the time averted really courting her as a result of she cheated on each boyfriend she was ever with and was a little bit of a nomad. I advised her I didn’t need to destroy the friendship. Once I bought engaged to my spouse my FWB was furious. She figured she will have all of the enjoyable and we’d get married in some unspecified time in the future. I by no means spoke to her once more after my engagement. She bought married final yr. I congratulated her however bought no response.”
16. “My household has a summer time place on a lake in one other state the place I’ve gone each summer time since I used to be a child. Different households did the identical so, I grew up with these different household’s youngsters. There was like 10 youngsters in our group and we spent virtually each waking hour hanging out collectively. One of many ladies within the group was a few yr older and kinda shy and chubby. Not that it mattered although we had been simply actually good buddies.
Quick ahead to our early 30’s years. She had moved away from her small city a lot to the amazement of her household. It was the type of small city that you just had been born in and would in all probability die in. No one ever left however, she did. She had an incredible job the place she was in a position to make and save a TON of cash. She had additionally misplaced weight and had turn out to be loopy stunning. On the similar time, most of our group of buddies had been getting married and dealing on having households. As a joke considered one of our buddies stated “Hey when you two are nonetheless single while you hit 40, you HAVE to marry one another. We had been consuming so it was straightforward to get us to agree.
Quick ahead once more. Earlier than I hit 40, I met the love of my life and have 2 bad-ass little ones. The lady from the lake had moved again to her little city and fell into the lure. She met a dude at a bar one night time who bought her pregnant and was by no means to be seen once more. She was alone together with her infant and, to be near her household, she remained within the little city and had deserted the trail of a profitable life that she had been on earlier than. We nonetheless see one another each summer time, and my spouse hates it. She says it’s “so apparent that she nonetheless has a crush on you”. It’s bizarre how while you look again you may see these selections that appear small on the time however have an enormous impact on life. I might have married her and she or he would in all probability would have been in a greater place now. However, I’d not be the place I’m now if I went down that street. Life is bizarre man.”
17. “My good friend and I had one thing like that in highschool. Nevertheless it was 30 and we ended up courting till we turned 30 and bought married.”
18. “A good friend and I made a pact in faculty that we might marry one another if we’re each single by the point I’m 30. I’m turning 30 in just a few years.
We barely spoke for the final 7 years. He now has a girlfriend and lives in a foreign country. I don’t assume it’s going to occur.”
19. “I made the pact with my greatest good friend after we had been 15 that if we had been single by 30 we’d get married. We’re 29 and nonetheless speak to one another every day. We’re additionally each single. She additionally remembers the pact. /sweats”
20. “Oh god no! Mine was with my greatest buddies mom!
She really made some extent of reminding me just a few years in the past.”